Thursday, June 3, 2010

Game Recap and a Brief Note

My gaming group did manage to get together over Memorial Day Weekend to squeeze a Watchfires & Thrones session in. They've now begun to explore the Black Gut, the campaign's megadungeon--and my second such humongous design project in two years. Some of the location will serve as testing grounds for material intended for the Stonehell sequel, but much of it is going to be very specific content to the campaign world. You can catch up on the party's wacky hijinks over at The Archive of the Rotted Moon.

In other news, I've received word that the second printing of The Dungeon Alphabet will be shipping this week, so with luck it will be available again soon from your finer FLGS and online retailers. I have another piece of news relating to the DA which just blows my mind, but I'm not sure if I'm permitted to spill that can of beans yet. But I will make a formal announcement hopefully by the end of the month.

Speaking of books that I've written, it's more than likely that no new posts will be appearing here on the Society for the next week or so. I've been engaged in fierce hand-to-hand combat with my next book and the bastard has been fighting me every last step of the way. But this week, I think I finally broke the damned thing and have now cowed it into submission. The words are flowing much more easily and in much better quality than they had done so previously. In order to take advantage of this inertia, I'm focusing all my efforts on that manuscript. Once I get the feeling that I've caught up to where I should be on the draft, I'll consider returning to writing blog posts. Sorry for this interruption but it needs to be done...and it's not like there's a shortage of other high quality web publications out there to take up the slack.

Be seeing you.

No comments: